Saturday, June 6, 2009

The FUTURE

So, i've been trying to explore my artistic side, as well as establish some sort of goal/dreams for myself. Maybe its because i'm a dad, or maybe because I've always had a real job and responsibilities, but being artistic, or chasing dreams has never been me. That is going to change today. My life is at a very stable point right now, I have a good job, i'm in the most stable relationship of my life, i'm close to being debt free, etc. Now's the time to start exploring what I want out of life to make me happy.

First, I want to write more. I have a story I want to tell, and i'm going to start putting it together. The blog was originally supposed to be a tool to help me develop writing habits, and its been a good resource, but now I need to step up.

Second, I want to share my passion, video games, and podcasts. The blog has gone a long way in doing that, and i'm gonna commit to more of it, especially now that i'm more used to mobile blogging, but i'm also going to move into the world of podcasting. I'm going to hopefully have the equipment by tomorrow, and a website and hosting service live by next week. The plan is to have a rotation of guests, with me as the only fixed host, but that may change if the podcast grows.

Third, though this is more of an extension of the second one, I want to start a gaming store. I want it to be a blend of video games, board games, etc. This is more of a long term goal, as although my financial security is decent, I still need to be cognizant of responsibilities to my family. This is something i'm going to pursue over the next few years.

That's it for now. I'm excited about the potential for everything, but cautiously pessimistic.

No comments: