Monday, August 17, 2009

Episode 41 - Listener Night With Greg

We combine Listener Night and Guest Night when Greg stops by to help us out with the show. When we first got Rey's great list of questions, Greg was rather unfairly put on the spot while David and I had a week to ponder and research. Greg took this opportunity to amend his previous answers to Rey's questions, and then we all answered questions sent in by Doc. There's also a top ten list by Doc, a review of the XBox 360 service update, and incredulity over Wal-Mart Canada's price on Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Finally, in response to listener requests, David breaks out the gross dead body stories! The very first time he took me to dinner, at pseudo-Mexican restaurant called Jungle Jim's, he told me a couple pretty gross ones which I expect will turn up on the show. I don't know what it says about me or our relationship that I kept coming back for more.

One of my answers to Doc's questions was Slippy the Toad from Star Fox. This reminded me of a long time ago when I was about 14 and I was playing Star Fox on the SNES. At one point my mother overheard me exclaim "Agh! No! The rabbit died!" and my mother freaked out on me, insanely thinking that I had just announced that I was pregnant. I snottily replied "Mom, the rabbit always dies. They had to kill the rabbit to do the test." I learned that from M*A*S*H.

No comments: