Saturday, April 18, 2009

Updates!

So,

Let me get personal for just a moment. I've been out of work for a couple weeks, and despite that, my life seems to have been more hectic than I was working. I'm making excuses for not blogging more, as always, and here comes the promise that I will start blogging regularly.

Seriously.

In other news, I'm starting a second blog! I know, I know. I barely update this one, what do I need a second one for? Well, this is a blog that I've mentioned I wanted to do, and it's been rolling around in my brain for a while, so I'm doing it. It's going to be called "Tales of a Vault Dweller", and its going to be based on my gameplay experiences in Fallout 3.

It's NOT going to be a walkthrough, nor a review, nor a crappy piece of fan fic. What it is going to be is a journal style telling of my characters experiences, from the time he leaves the Vault, until he dies or finds his place in the Wasteland.

Its something I can't do with very many games, but Fallout, or all of the Bethesda games, are created in such a way that you can really create your own narrative and backstory, as well as motivations and character traits. I think it will be interesting, and if nothing else, it will serve me as a challenge to see if I can start writing fiction at some point. I realize that creating my OWN story is significantly different than creating a story within someone elses framework, but its a start for me at least.

In other Xbox news, there is a heated competition going on for gamerscore points between Germoid and J3nn. Last tally had Germoid edging her out a bit, but if you want more on that, you can follow them at Xbox.com.

Lastly, for now at least, I will promise a longwinded blog post that I've been writing in my head for a week or more entitled "Fun Vs. Realism: A comparison in games", and I will also promise my first post of "Tales of A Vault Dweller". These will both be up before the weekend is over.

Going in to Monday, I will do scheduled updates to both blogs, as well as extra ones as I see fit.

No comments: