Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bargains!!

Some time ago, I finally clued in on the trends amongst entertainment media (Video Games, DVDs, CDs, Etc) that things get cheap as they get old. They don't change in quality, only in quantity and relvance. This is a powerful piece of information for a thrifty gamer.

Cases in Point:

The Club is a game I played a demo for quite some time ago, and I definitely enjoyed it, BUT I saw that it would be a niche title that I wouldn't play all the time, or even often, so I passed on it, but kept it in the back of my mind. EB games. $9.89 on PS3, brand new.

Dark Sector, decent game, decent reviews, didn't ever grab me. Eb Games. $9.89 Brand New.

Bully, Love Rockstar games, always interested in this title, but always had other games to play. Amazon.ca. $19.99 Brand New.

Alone in the Dark, one of those series I always was aware of, but never really got into. EB Games. $9.89.

Facebreaker, another case of demoitis. Enjoyed it, but not enough to rush out and buy it. Grabbed it today for $9.89, at, you guessed it, EB Games.

I could go on and on about games that I bought, brand new and used, as well as TV shows on DVD, but you gget the drift. Patience prevails, and in most cases, that game or TV series that just came out for $69.99 will be $19.99 or cheaper in 6-12 months. Take it from me, build a back catalogue of cheap games, and try to resist falling into the hype.

Of course, some titles (Left 4 Dead, GTAIV, Godfather II) can't be waited on. Just make sure you're ready to live with yourself when you see them marked down to $9.89 at EB Games. (Happened to me today. Mercenaries II, Mass Effect, Too Human)

No comments: