Monday, March 23, 2009

Lack of initiative

(me) "As much as I love Penny Arcade, I also kind of hate them a little bit"
(jenn) "Oh? Why?"
(me) "Well, they get paid to talk about games, which is one of my favourite things to do. When I talk about games, I get blank stares from the girl at stupid future shop. She shouldn't have asked me about Final Fantasy if she didn't care!!"
(jenn) "Well, why don't you blog more? You might not get paid for it, but if you get some readers, at least you'll get something out of it."
(me) "Because aside from you and Joey, no-one reads my stupid blog, and I'm too lazy to try to promote it."
(jenn) "Well, if you write in it more, more people will find it, and it should self-perpetuate."
(me) "Yeah, maybe I'll make an effort to blog more"

I'm paraphrasing most of the conversation, but this is the gist of a conversation Jenn and I had. The thing about the girl at Future Shop is true. I bought Final Fantasy III for the Ds and she exclaimed that she didn't know Final Fantasy was on any other systems than Sony. I started to explain to her that FFIII was originally only released in Japan, and that FFI and FFII were ports from the original NES, now available on PSP. I started to explain that FFIV on the DS was originally FFII on the SNES and that I was hoping FFV comes out soon, because it was my favourite (and the last one I played), but I lost her somewhere around the first sentence I said, and there was a line forming behind me, so we got the fuck out of there. I did rant for abou 10 minutes to Jenn about it. Why would she bring it up if she didn't care?!?!?

Anyways, the point is, I will now update my blog once a day, at minimum, as to what I have going on in my gaming life, and occasionally funny or interesting anecdotes about my life.

Probably not that last one.

1 comment:

Joseraph said...

Sure you will. I'll hold my breath.