Monday, January 19, 2009

Mercenaries 2, OR Achievement City!!

So Sunday morning, (I think) J3nn was being lazy and not getting out of bed and the kids were at there grandmothers. This presented me with an excellent opportunity for some solo gaming, which isn't something I can do a lot. I looked at some of the titles I am currently trying to finish (Fallout 3, Blue Dragon, Far Cry 2.. I know, I pick the longest three games to play concurrently) but decided to take J3nns advice and try out Mercs 2.

First impressions: It's chaotic, but I think I like it. There are little nitpicky things I don't care for, but the controls are pretty smooth, and the setting seems like it could be neat. It definitely has elements of Army of Two in it, which is a good thing for me. I'm eager to get into it, but I think that I'm gonna wait until I have someone to play co-op with. J3nn and I are still keen on Saints Row 2, and we have Gears of War to go back to. TaoTzuthe3fold and I are still friends, so we'll keep going with RB6:V2. Mercs 2 isn't a good enough game for me to play by myself, so I'll get to it when I can.

2 comments:

Joseraph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joseraph said...

Of course we are still friends, our schedules just conflict a lot more than they used to. But just because you might have to bite the bullet and start socializing with other people doesn't mean that I love you any less.

You see, Davie, sometimes when a mommy and daddy decide that it is best they go their separate ways, it doesn't mean that they love their children any less. It just means that if they don't get out now they're likely to go batshit crazy and kill each other with blunt and/or sharp objects.

Now you know...and knowing is half the battle !